Islamabad (Dr. Syed Muzzammal Zaidi, Dr. Fawad Ali) One day workshop entitled “Skills Enhancement of Clinical Pharmacy” held on 22 December, 2010 (Wednesday) at School of Pharmacy, University of Lahore (Islamabad Campus), Pakistan. More than hundered persons participated and listened the presentations of scholars. This workshop was chaired by Dr. Taha Nazir (Associate Dean of School of Pharmacy, University of Lahore – Islamabad campus), hosted by Mr. Wajahat Latif (Director University of Lahore – Islamabad Campus) and chief guest Mrs. Amna Bibi (Hospital Pharmacist Poly Clinic Hospital, Islamabad). The distinguieshed speakers focused teh most current issues of clinical pharmacy as under;
1. Mr. Tahir Aqeel; Therapeutical significance of drug usage.
2. Mr. Muhammad Sabbir; Role of hospital Pharmacist in clinical setup.
3. Mr. Fawad Ali; Clinical pharmacy education, hospital pharmacy practice and regulation.
4. Dr. Taha Nazir; Professional challenges in clinical pharmacy practice
5. Mr. Muhammad Akhtar Abbas; Drug registration; legislation and procedure
The participating pharmacist arrived from all discipline of pharmacy profession; community pharmacy, pharmaceutical marketing, research & development, ministry of Health, pharmaceutical institutions and industrial segment of this profession. The honorable guests; Mr. Adbul Sattar Sorani (Deputy Drug Controller), Mr. Zia Husnain (Deputy Drug Controller), Mr. Bilal Sorani has also shared the experiences. At the end of the workshop souvenirs were awarded to all speakers followed by refreshment.